In this action webinar Luxembourg Member of Parliament Sven Clement and OpenAir advocates Chris Neidl and Kasia Mikoluk will present a detailed overview of the Luxembourg Negative Emissions Tariff, or L-NET, a new carbon dioxide removal incentive policy modeled after elements of the successful German renewable energy feed-in tariff. L-NET is designed to trigger local and global investment in carbon dioxide removal projects, with the aim of accelerating scale-up and cost reduction for promising durable and verifiable CDR solutions.
The L-NET concept was co-developed by MP Clement and OpenAir through a collaborative Collective Intelligence Relay (CIR) process that incorporated subject expert input, as well as ideas from the broader public. Following this webinar, interested parties are invited to submit additional recommendations during a final two week comment window, after which the final policy will be confirmed and drafted into legislation for introduction in February 2022.
And Luxembourg is just the start! In 2022 the global OpenAir community aims to make L-NET a viral policy, driving introduction of the legislation in multiple other countries where our activists are based.
Tune in, learn and join us in this effort!
– Webinar: L-NET MIssion Kick-Off with Sven Clement, Chris Neidl, and Prof. Gregory Nemet(October 29)
– A German Feed-In Tariff Backgrounder with Prof. Joern Hoppman
– L-NET Collective Intelligence Relay Session 1: Eric Dahlberg, Kristin Ellis and David Izikowitz.
– L-NET Collective Intelligence Relay Session 2: Erica Dodds, Jason Hochman and Lucia Simonelli
– L-NET Collective Intelligence Relay Session 3: Prof. Klaus Lackner, Eli Mitchell-Larson and Louis Uzor.